The Every Other Saturday Show

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're What Gamers Talk About...

2 posters

The Watchmen movie

LordUa
    LordUa
    Admin

The Watchmen movie Empty The Watchmen movie

Post  LordUa Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Ron, Beardo and I went to see the Watchmen on Saturday. I had a good time. Didn't get raped by Beardo, but i did fondle Ron on our way home from the theater. Anyway, I have read the comic and am a fan, so this movie was a bit hard to imagine in my head as something that would be good. The book was really well written and I enjoyed it alot, but where most comics are goof tales of the action packed lives of colorfully dressed super heros, the Watchmen is not. Watchmen is more of a social and political commentary as well as being a character piece. At first i didn't see how the movie would even work. There really isn't much action in the book. But the more i saw of the trailers the more and more excited I got about this movie. And now that I've finally had a chance to see it, I am amazed. The writers and director did such a good job at recreating the comic that I feel I really didn't need to read it. Of course I would still suggest anyone that reads comics, if they haven't read this already, needs to buy this book right now and don't put it down till the last epic page. Now Ron and Beardo, neither of whom have read Watchmen, said they also enjoyed the movie. This is strange seeing as most everyone I've talked to that didn't read the book didn't like the movie. I guess it comes down to intelligence in the end. Still though for a 3 hour movie, I would not recommend this movie to some one how isn't comfortable with seeing large blue cock for that long, because you will. That's right. 3 fucking hours of large blue cock. RUNNING large blue cock. Flopping this way and that.

Fist-O-Meter.... 9.5 inches deep
    ronruls
    ronruls
    Admin

The Watchmen movie Empty Re: The Watchmen movie

Post  ronruls Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 am

I can't say i absolutely loved it, but i can say it was pretty damn good. Every character was finely tuned and epicly written. There's human spirit and emotions (and unemotion) embedded in all the characters evenly to create a new spin on used tales. A fact it doesn't hide behind since rarely, if ever, can you truly create something never before done.

Anywhoot, this movie was a great character piece as Lord said and tbh, I wouldn't mind seeing more. Characters, for me, make cinema and Tv for me. Hence my love for V, Malcolm Reynolds and the dude.

88 out of 100

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:36 pm